Last Thursday, we had such a great time with Jeff Bradbury and all of the educators that joined us for our webinar on 5 Easy Ways to Build Your Personal Learning Network (PLN). Thank you again to everyone who participated. We want to be sure that everyone in the OLE Community has the ability to hear about why it’s so important to have a PLN and just how quickly you can grow your own. We’ve included the slides and resources from the webinar below.
Let’s continue to collaborate on ideas for how you can get involved using the shared webinar back-channel Google doc located here.
Join us for our next webinar where we’ll take a look at 5 of the best practices for Creating Authentic Learning Experiences in the classroom. Mark your calendar for Thursday, March 14 from 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM MDT. You can register here.
1. Find, Friend, Follow
- Pinterest for Educators? – Tips for how to use Pinterest
- Educator Professional Development – New Pinterest Board on OLE
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions, 5 New Boards to Follow on Pinterest for Education
- Top 10 Pinterest Boards on TEchnology and Education
- Diigo Educator Accounts
- Educational Twitter Chats
- How to Chat on Twitter
- Educational Tweetdeck
- How to Get Started with Twitter in 5 Easy Steps
- All about Facebook
- Facebook for Educators Guide (downloadable pdf)
- The 5 Best Practices for Educators on Facebook
2. Personal Branding
- Cybrary Man’s Educational Web Sites
- Top 100 Education Blogs
- You, Your Network & Your Digital Legacy: Personal Branding for Teachers
3. Contribute & Participate
4. Person to Person Networking
OLE Community is part of:
Pearson’s Online Learning Exchange
Pearson’s Online Learning Exchange is a supplemental education (k-12) application that combines your own content with the quality, standards-based content from Pearson. OLE then allows easy lesson building, assessment and collaboration tools for creating Authentic Learning Experiences.