The Citizen Journalists contest is now closed. We are reviewing the entries received and will be announcing the winners here!
If you didn’t get a chance to participate in the contest, you can still Debate the Issues in our forums. Thank you for sharing your voice!
Are you tired of not having your voice represented in the news? Become a part of the OLE Election Series Citizen Journalists team by submitting your coverage of current events, news, and opinions related to the upcoming Election. At the end of the election, we’ll be awarding prizes to the top three Citizen Journalists blog posts and the top three news broadcast videos.
We Want Your Voice
Write a blog post for a chance to be published on the OLE Election Series blog
- 1st Place – Professional podcasting kit including an 8GB iPod Touch, iRig MIC Cast microphone and JVC Stereo headphones & Agents of Change DVD
- 2nd Place – KODAK PlayTouch video camera and Agents of Change DVD
- 3rd Place – Agents of Change DVD
Choosing the Winners
Our panel of judges will be awarding prizes to the top three Citizen Journalists blog posts and the top three videos based on creativity, original reporting, good writing, and overall journalistic excellence. Finalists will be selected from the blog posts and videos with the most likes from the community, so be sure to share your election news coverage with your friends and families and campaign for their vote.
Videos and blogs must be submitted by November 2 to be eligible to win.
How to Use Citizen Journalists in Your Classroom
- Assign election topics for students to write about
- Create your own classroom contest to see whose articles can get the most votes
- Teach your students about the importance of participating in the conversation around important election issues
- Reinforce media and information literacy skills
- Teach your students how to publish in a public forum
- Create a class blogroll with links to the OLE Citizen Journalists blog